Thursday, May 18, 2017

Rambling

We had our farrier scheduled for yesterday but storms rolled in. I'm quick to reschedule when storms are near after the Sanctuary missed a tornado hitting us by only a half a mile. I don't want to be responsible for anyone getting hurt when storms are in the area. I am slightly concerned because King is off and although he's flat footed, he's typically not "off" like he has been. I'm hoping it's just a stone bruise or an abscess.

I still need to pay the vet bill for Bo's exam and ulcer medication. I dont understand why medications have to be odd colors. Shouldn't they be boring colors like white instead of purple?

I've also been avoiding making the phone call for Rabbit. Turns my stomach thinking about it. But when the ground gets hard, and the sun/heat arrive, she'll be miserable (her uvitis and heaves will flair up). So although she seems to be doing ok right now, I don't want to send her off feeling miserable. I'll be checking the forecast for next week to see if it's feasible next week. I will not say goodbye in bad weather unless it's an absolute necessity. I want warm sun on her back and a belly full of grass.

Need to fight the mud tonight and get bales put in the pens. I can't wait for pasture time but with the rains, I haven't been able to get out and spray. We'll have to extend the hay bales for a couple of extra weeks to ensure the pastures can hold the herd. We need to "rejuvenate" the pasture.

Just stressing. So much to do and so little time to get it all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment